Admissions Policy: The Palapa School has a need-blind admissions policy. How much a student can pay is not factored into admissions. Admission criteria: student grade point average (8.5 or 85% preferred), commitment level of the student and parents as determined in interviews, teacher recommendations, and the Palapa School’s test results.
Tuition: Tuition is $3600 pesos a month for 12 months. There is a 1 month discount for paying the year in advance. All Palapa School students receive a subsidy from the Palapa Society, to maintain the cost of tuition at $3600 pesos. In fact, the amount received in tuition currently in 2018 covers approximately 50% of the actual cost of maintaining the School, salaries, and instructional materials.
Scholarship: Scholarships are available for families whose eligibility has been confirmed by the School.
Important Dates for the admissions process for the 2019-20 school year will be posted in early 2019.
1. Pre-registration (Information meeting with parents). Application forms and Diagnostic Evaluation Guide are given to interested families.
2. Diagnostic Evaluations are taken by prospective students.
3. Interviews with students and parents, according to the result of the Diagnostic Evaluation.
4. Notification of acceptance as a student of the Palapa School.
5. Begin scholarship award process for new students.
6. Notifications for waiting list.
7. Notification of scholarship award results.
Admissions documents downloads (PDF) (note: all links are to Spanish docs)
2. School Application (3 pages) (click to download pdfs):